The StableBarclays ↑
Bralirwa (Rwanda) ↑
Diamond Trust Bank ↓
East African Breweries (EABL) ↑
Equity Bank ↔
Kenya Airways ↓
Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) ↑
Kenya Oil Company (Kenol) ↑
Stanbic (Uganda) ↓
The portfolio, excluding new shares, is up 11% since May 2012 while the Nairobi Shares Exchange main index is up 6% over the same period.
- Best Performer: Kenol (up 23% in 3 months), Bralirwa 14%)
- Worst Performer: Diamond Trust (down 8% in 3 months), Kenya Airways (after the rights issue that yielded
- In: Equity Bank - read a recent Equity Bank analysis report.
- Out: Britak, Uchumi
- Increase: Took up all of the Diamond Trust Bank rights
- Decrease: none
- Unexpected gains/losses: Kenol suspension was listed, Bonus share of Stanbic Uganda bonus was issued (4 new for every existing share)
- Looking Forward to more listings like the one announced today from Umeme - a monopoly electricity distributor from Uganda that is 100% owned by Actis, and which plans to have an IPO in Uganda and Kenya later this year.