Diamond Trust ↑
Kenya Airways ↑
Stanbic (Uganda) ↑
Performance: Portfolio is down 2% in value from February after exit from Safaricom which was about 10% of Portfolio, while the NSE is up 18% since February 2010
In/Out: Exited Safaricom completely, after accumulating shares since the 2008 IPO. One of the most liquid stock at the NSE, with lot of foreigner interest, and one I will buy back later
Best performer Diamond Trust and Scangroup, each up 23%
Worst performer: KCB down 6%
- Uchumi lifting itself out of receivership and applying for re-listing at the Nairobi Stock Exchange
- The communication spat pitting Safaricom versus the three other mobile companies, and another Scangroup buyout deal, both featured in this post here.
- The Housing Finance merger dance with Equity Bank here
- Another share split announced by Kenol Kobil (2nd time in six years)
Looking forward to
- Dividend payments expected from Diamond Trust, KCB, Scangroup, Stanbic (Uganda)
- @coldtusker says to watch kapchorua Tea at 140, Kenol at 93.5, Kenya Airways 56, and KPLC 185 and compare 6 months from now while Riba Capital is watching tea stocks, KPLC and Housing Finance.