Saturday, December 20, 2008

Why I blog about Africa




Was tagged by Mweshi my brother from TED Africa on why I blog about Africa

It’s about telling my story. No one else can tell it, I can’t even tell it myself

I am uniquely privileged and challenged and I have access to opportunities and difficulties that constrain me. This is my record of life in Africa, a land of challenges and of opportunities, and I try and tell about both, but with an emphasis on the opportunities for an ex-Diasporan.

I have spreadsheets, annual reports, statements and certificates, but they are static; this blog gives life and flesh to those numbers and papers.

Finally this is my diary, my record of important events - about me and my business world & economy, the blog simply helps me keep track.

Finally, it has opened up a whole world of opportunities, some small material gain but more of the networking kind and opportunities and new friends - and I hereby extend the tag to fellow financial bloggers - Coldtusker, Terry Anne, Ka-Investor, Fintrade Capital, MainaT, Kenyanentrepreneur, and Maishinski.

Happy Holidays

16 comments:

kainvestor said...

I consider my self tagged! let me work on this when i get time. Thanks.

coldtusker said...

Wow... ok... let me work on it... though I like to keep under the radar!

Anonymous said...

Also check out Kenyaaudit.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Happy Holidays Banks.

As a lazy blogger, I honestly don't know what a "tag" means in blogsphere but I am guessing its like a Christmas gift of some sort...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Banks - i am impressed by your initiative in starting this blog, discipline in updating it regularly, and the professional approach which distinguishes it from the muck & slime on other kenyan blogs. You are one positive level headed kenyan. Keep it up!

Obie said...

Keep it up, Banks! I actually was inspired begin blogging by your well researched posts. Hope I'll be able to do the same on the TechScene. Didn't know you were at the Google meet, would've liked to meet you.
Happy holidays everyone...

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying reading the responses to this meme. Very eye-opening. I noticed you'd been tagged a while ago and I'm glad you posted on it.

I love the "it's about telling my story." That sums it up very well IMHO. Merry Christmas.

ngangaonbrands said...

I am ardently following you. keep up the good work.- happy holidays

goooooood girl said...

your blog is feel good......

Anonymous said...

Banks,
What's word on the street re: plunging prices in the housing market? I'm unable to access the article on BD 'Speculators exit property sector as prices plunge'

Thanks & Happy Holidays to you too!

Anonymous said...

lol @ anon,

You just read the headline in BD, now you want bankelele to read it for you, digest it and give you the processed insight...

Thats just laziness with impunity.

Anonymous said...

@ Anon posted at 11:41am.

*yawn* - pls take your ignorance and foolishness elsewhere. Don't make judgements on people/situations without the facts.

Anonymous said...

@Anon 6:59

How come everyone else but you could access the article? Your internet was up - otherewise you wouldnt have known it exists.

E-Nyce said...

@Maishinski: "tagging" in this case is like the game. Not sure what it's called in Kenya. Now that banks is "it", I guess coldtusker can consider himself tagged...

My holiday best-wishes to everyone - hoping for Great and Beautiful life in the new year!

Anonymous said...

As a community we should stick together and that is why you should join us at Lurrenzinc.com the fastest growing social network dedicated to Africans all over the world. Your presence there makes us stronger.

bankelele said...

Ka-investor: go ahead; want to read up on other financiers

Coldtusker: not anymore

Man143Steph637: will do

Maishinski: means do a post on “why you blog about Africa”

Obie: Thanks see you later. The skunkworks meets are great for a for content

Rombo: I also avoid tags, but this was a good one

Ngangaonbrands & goooooood girl: thanks

E-Nyce: happy holidays

African Women: will check out Lurrenzinc sometime

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails