There's a new magazine on the streets called ET - or Expression Today edited by David Makali that takes alook at happenings in the media industry.
- Nation: A look back at W. Kiboro’s tenure, the bungled staff retrenchment program that led to internet e-mail & rumours, how NMG got TV licence from a reluctant President Moi, challenges faced in launching the business daily and an indepth look at the problems they have faced with staff in Tanzania and a TV licence in Uganda
- Standard How KTN has slipped behind NTV in latest TV
rankings (from Steadman), why Katherine Kasavuli, Swaleh Mdoe, and Louis Otieno left and the staff revolt that followed, rumor of interest from Transcentury or foreign investors, a quote by Kwamchetsi Makokha on how the standard shareholders brought in dream team (including himself) to spruce it up for a sale. But once the paper was
turned round, they decided not to sell it anymore - and got rid of the dream team
got rid of the dream team.
- Royal media: management triumph over editorial desk has handciapped the Leader newspaper
- Kenya Times: Ruto takeover being rebuffed
- KISS newspaper - what it's outlook & potential
- KBC interference and cash flow problems
- Business magazine Market intelligence is no more
- Other media issues like poor staff pay at the Nation, how financial muscle (Uchumi, Samuel Gichuru & KCB) gets negative stories killed in the editorial room, and recap of the Artur raid saga.
It's a great read for 100/=