The judiciary has been the bane of banks, taking forever to get things cleared. You can apply for a case against a debtor today and be told the next hearing date available is in 2008.
Smething is very wrong when a case can’t be heard for almost ten months. There’s enough blame to go round – complex cases heard using archaic processes, too few judges, judges who take too long to clear cases, lazy/crafty lawyers who seek postponement for any reason to keep cases going on forever etc.
The Chief Justice tried to give a helping hand in his gazette notice to stop one delaying avenues where matters relating to a case are presented in different courtrooms around the country.
The most visible case has been the ongoing Charterhouse Bank saga which has been in court houses in Nairobi, Malindi and Eldoret leading to conflicting legal positions.
from the daily papers last week
- Accountant at Bakri international (oil company). Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25/3
- Senior associate at Creative Associates International. Apply to email@example.com by 23/3
Ernst & Young: tax trainees and an accountant. Apply to Eyrecruitment@ke.ey.com by 30/3
- Huawei: transmission engineer, wireless engineer, and intelligent network engineer. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30/3
- Communications specialist at ILRI. Apply to email@example.com b 30/3
- Property manager at international house limited. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26/3
- KPMG: audit manager (AM-07), senior internal auditor & internal auditors (IAS-07), tax manager (TM-07) and tax consultants (TC-07). Apply to email@example.com by 30/3
- Cluster manager at millennium villages. Millennium Promise is a partnership of the Earth Institute (Columbia University) and the World Agro forestry center. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30/3
- National Oil Corp of Kenya: depot accountants (Nakuru & Eldoret), and a credit controller. Apply to email@example.com by 29/3
- National coordinator - African peer review mechanism at NEPAD Kenya secretariat. Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23/3
- Business development manager at Savings & Loan (KCB subsidiary).
- Financial management specialist at the World Bank. Kenya. Details and apply online by 30/3. Also financial management consultants (6 month and 12 month) – D/L is 11/4
- World Vision>: ICT manager at world vision, Manager - KUTER initiative, and (RMB/IMCI) program officer. Apply to email@example.com by 30/3